"The story of your personal connection with the topic" Florencia


Dark, black, grief or thanatourism are just a few names for this intriguing and unknown kind of tourism. When I suggested this topic to my group I didn´t expect their positive reaction, and luckily  they ended up really interested, so I was glad we got the opportunity of getting to know a topic that is quite fascinating

I discovered this subject a few months ago, thanks to a friend who was really interested on this too, due to a Netflix documentary show called “The other tourism”. We started looking out for information, videos, interviews and documentaries which allow us to get closer to what dark tourism is all about. 

 I believe is is quite interesting the different perceptions that people may develop about this strange places, because of course, not everbody is willing to go or even spend their money on visting  radioactive lakes or tragic spots arround the world. From voodoo rituals in Africa, ghost cities in Chipre, a vampire community in the United States or even a forgotten tribe on Indonesia who mummify their ancestors, they are a lot of surreal or even creepy places where some people like to go. I have gotten really interested through time, but I really do believe there is a lot left to explore about this big theme.

Resultado de imagen de dark tourism
ph: Yingxiu Township, China






Comentarios

Entradas populares