Final Blog Post-Rosa María Bernal

This experience of blogging has been really eye-opening. I have learnt a lot of information regarding Dark Tourism, a topic that I did not know anything about on the first day. With the different entries that I've done in this class, I started feeling this not a must, but a work that I was really excited to talk about to the readers, that I even share this site link with some friends to learn more about the topic. Every single entry taught me more about the blogging world and to understand more why people like to express their ideas or information in the written form, because I was not a fan at first, but I totally see myself in the future doing it again.
Manicomio di Ren, Italy. Photo taken by Kat Ferguson.
In regards to the first blog entry, I can totally see the progress that I've made until now. How I thought Dark Tourism was just another topic put on the table, but not talked by many because of things that I totally agreed on. Now I came out of my comfort zone and found that Thanatourism is not only a kind of tourism, but a passion to discover odd places that own history and get lost in that totally different experience that can even be life-changing. For example, Japan, that came to be the topic for my second entry and found incredible facts of how society has a big impact on the individual and all the pressure that comes with being Asian in general. 
I found good and reliable websites on my third entry that talked about the topic and helped me getting to know more about places Dark Tourism fans could visit. If you want to know more, I highly recommend those.
A figure that helped me to get in love with Dark Tourism was Dr. Philip Stone, who is the executive director of the Institute for Dark Tourism Research at the University of Central Lancashire. 
The last entries were quite enriching and there I wrote about Kat Ferguson, who is a 21 year old photographer from Brighton, United Kingdom and is passionate about all these creepy and odd places, and some of the best works I have found on Dark Tourism that completely caught my attention. I hope to continue learning more about this cool experience of blogging and more about Dark Tourism. Put the topic on the table!
Church of Decay, Belgium. Photo taken by Kat Ferguson.

Comentarios

Entradas populares