Social Media Approach-Rosa María

Kat Ferguson is a 21 year old photographer from Brighton, United Kingdom. All her life she has been passionate about exploring abandoned, uninhabited and derelict places. Now as an older woman she have had the opportunity to make this passion her work: documenting all her experiences through the medium of photography and storytelling. She has traveled to over 300 locations capturing beauty in darkness and decay and Kat often combines this with her love with history. The wild obsession to this kind of places has guided her to extraordinary adventures from radioactive ghost town of Pripyat to Soviet Monuments resting on top of the Balkan mountains.

She explains her first experience:

"My first encounter with an abandoned building, like many others was as a teenager. I quite vividly remember my friends discussing an abandoned ‘asylum’ nicknamed ‘Crazy Steves’ by the local kids. Some of my friends told me about diaries, written by said patients, describing bloody hand prints all over the walls and other morbid tales. They made it sound like something out of a Stephen King novel and naturally I was curious. We decided to investigate further. I recall seeing the beds and items left behind but it didn’t strike me as an asylum, for one thing it was way too small. As a young teenager, I don’t think I fully appreciated it or perhaps in hindsight I didn’t think it was exciting, as my friends said it was. Later on, I spoke to my mum about it, who worked nearby and she informed me it was actually a nursing home. I guess people like to let their imaginations run wild in these sorts of places."

Now Ferguson is quite known in the field by her amazing job capturing a numerous amount of places that come like a shock when you first enter her instagram account and website. I highly recommend her work and find her really inspiring.
Go check her out!


All pictures are taken by her.

Comentarios

Entradas populares